Whether you need a copy of your tax transcript for a mortgage, student loan, or other financial need, the IRS makes it easy to request a tax transcript online.
To request a tax transcript, you should know what type of transcript you need. The transcript types are:
- Tax Return Transcript
- Tax Account Transcript
- Record of Account Transcript
- Wage and Income Transcript
- Verification of Non-filing Letter
* This information is not intended to be a substitute for specific individualized tax advice. We suggest that you discuss your specific tax issues with a qualified tax professional.
Tip adapted from IRS.gov6
- IRS.gov, February 20, 2021