Social media is a great way to get tax tips and helpful news from the IRS. The agency uses a variety of social media platforms to share tips and information with taxpayers:
• YouTube: Get video tax tips in English, Spanish, and American Sign Language.
• Instagram: Follow the official IRS Instagram account @IRSNews for the latest tax scam information to help keep your personal data secure.
• Facebook: The IRS posts useful news and information for taxpayers and tax return preparers.
• Twitter: Follow @IRSnews for tax-related announcements and tips. @IRStaxpros tweets news and guidance for tax professionals. Tweets from @IRSenEspanol have the latest tax information in Spanish. @IRSTaxSecurity tweets tax scam alerts.
• LinkedIn: The IRS shares agency updates and job opportunities.
You can also access IRS information and your tax status with the IRS app, IRS2Go. Use the app to check your refund status, pay taxes, and find free tax help.
* This information is not intended to be a substitute for specific individualized tax advice. We suggest that you discuss your specific tax issues with a qualified tax professional.
Tip adapted from IRS.gov