When you’re looking for a tax preparer, you want to make sure to find someone you trust. These tips will help you find a responsible professional and wisely prepare yourself:
- Check the preparer’s qualifications
- Ask about service fees
- Make sure the preparer is available
- Never sign a blank tax return
- Review your tax return before signing
- Ensure that the preparer signs the return and includes their Preparer Tax Identification Number
These tips will help you find the right tax preparer. If needed, you can report abusive tax preparers to the IRS using Form 14157.
* This information is not intended to be a substitute for specific individualized tax advice. We suggest that you discuss your specific tax issues with a qualified tax professional.
Tip adapted from IRS.gov
 IRS.gov, January 16, 2020