The thought of filing taxes might be overwhelming to some, but the IRS has many resources available to help make it easier. These include their Frequently Asked Questions page, some basic tools about PTIN requirements, contact information, disaster relief resources, and more. In addition, they also make it easy to access some of their most-popular publications, including:
• Publication 5307, Tax Reform Basics for Individuals and Families
• Circular 230, Regulations Governing Practice Before the Internal Revenue Service
• Publication 4557, Safeguarding Taxpayer Data
• Publication 5293, Data Security Resource Guide for Tax Professionals
If you have questions before, during, or after filing your tax return, the IRS is happy to help. You can also reach out to enrolled agents and find out more information about what EAs are and how you can become one.
* This information is not intended to be a substitute for specific individualized tax advice. We suggest that you discuss your specific tax issues with a qualified tax professional.
Tip adapted from IRS.gov